The Wright-Locke Farm Conservancy builds broad community and seeks to model sustainable practices through active learning, organic agriculture, land stewardship, and an appreciation of our historic New England farm.
What We Do:
- Grow certified organic vegetables, fruits, and flowers for local consumption on land that is the traditional territory of the Massachusett and Pawtucket peoples.
- Offer farm-based educational experiences for people of all ages through structured programs and informal learning.
- Open our doors for public and private events, providing a venue for recreation, leisure, and gathering.
- Steward our historic buildings, resources, and open space.
- Provide meaningful volunteer opportunities to benefit the farm and our constituents.
- Practice environmentally sound growing methods and explore new approaches to sustainable agriculture.
- Provide a meaningful connection for our community to nature, food, and history.
- Preserve this active farm and special place for generations to come through sound financial practices that balance the need for revenues with free access to the farm for all.
Our vision is to develop our farming operations, educational programs, volunteer opportunities, and community events to provide increased value for all to enjoy.
When the Wright-Locke Farm Conservancy began operating the Farm in 2008, we started small- with an aging raspberry field and a single building, the Squash House, with a leaking roof and doors that could not be opened. Today, we are a bustling community farm offering a wide range of certified organic crops, education programs for children and adults, and special events for the community. All of our efforts are led by a small team of employees who are greatly supported by the organization’s Board of Directors, numerous volunteers, and the financial support of our generous donors. There are numerous ways to get involved throughout the year, and we warmly encourage your support. Buy our crops, participate in our programs and events, lend a hand, or make a donation. Every bit of help enables us to grow stronger and better each year.
Wright-Locke Farm Conservancy Is Dedicated To Providing An Inclusive And Welcoming Environment To All, Regardless Of And Not Limited To Race, Religion, Color, Age, National Origin, Military Service, Physical Appearance, Gender Identity Or Gender Expression, Sex Or Sexual Orientation, Or Physical Or Mental Ability Or Disability. We Do Not Tolerate Harassment In Any Form. Please Join Us In Respecting Everyone.